THE TAMPA AFRICAN VIOLET SOCIETY, IS AN AFFILIATE:
African Violet Society of America, Inc.,
Dixie African Violet Society (DAVS.org)
African Violet Council of Florida
The Gesneriad Society
Tampa Bay Gesneriad Society
We meet in person the first Friday of each month at 10 am at the Seffner Mango Library.
We meet by Zoom at 7 pm the third Thursday of the month. The zoom invite is emailed to each member.
Everyone is invited!
Hello, I am so glad you have found us! I want to welcome you to our newly updated website. Isn’t it beautiful? Thanks to Gladys Cook for doing such a great job. Please stroll (& scroll) around the site. There is so much to see and learn about our favorite plant, the incredible African violet.
Speaking of learning, have you been to one of our meetings? We meet twice a month- the third Friday of the month meeting is in person at the Seffner Mango Library, Our night meetings are held via ZOOM on the first Thursday of the month. Whichever way we meet, our program chair, Celeste Christman, has arranged to have informative programs that will help us grow better and more beautiful plants. This meeting will also have a program and a business meeting. I encourage all our club members to attend either the day meeting, the night meeting or both.
Keep growing and showing!
Mary Beth Bryant
Tampa African Violet Society sponsors the following projects as part of our mission to educate members and to “violet-ize” our neighbors near and far:
· Maintains a library for members’ use
· Orders growing supplies for members’ benefit
· Sponsors a group project that may be the cultivation of a plant or leaf cuttings
-Raffles one or more African violet plants at each meeting
· Sponsors an AVSA-judged annual show
· Provides awards for AVSA, DAVS and AVCF annual shows
· Provides an annual subscription to The African Violet Magazine to the Hillsborough County Public Library, Downtown Tampa branch
· Sponsors periodic judging schools
· Sponsors an African violet display at the Florida State Fair
· Participates in the USF Botanical Gardens Spring and Fall Plant Festivals
· Provides speakers for programs, including display of African violets, for local clubs, civic organizations, retirement homes and television programs
· Is an affiliate of the African Violet Society of America, Inc. (AVSA), Dixie African Violet Society (DAVS), the African Violet Council of Florida (AVCF, and the Gesneriad Society (GS)